Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's only like yesterday...

I’ve been working for 10 years with my current company and to total up, I have a 11 years and 5 months working experience. I wonder what my market value is and what the pay I should get Vs current salary is. I’m now 34 years old and so fragile; means i can’t do heavy duty work to prevent myself from injury, especially at the back bone. I have a dream which is to retire when I am around 45 - 50 years old so that I can concentrate on my own business which is the Toda’s farm. By then I only need to pay for the house loan plus electricity and fuels. I’d like to have my own organization which consists of few workers under me. That means I have about 10 more years to go or maybe less, depends on the situations. If there’s a VSS maybe I’ll consider grabbing it provided the value that they offer is above my expectation.

I think everyone wants to have some job security in their life, unless they are working with the government and treated this as a second income! As for me, I’m in the 1st group where working under a company will not guarantee what my future would be. It could be neither better nor worse, only God knows! I am in the stage of developing my business and I planned it to be solid but flexible! Solid in term of where our standing is and wise in decision making but flexible where we can go for options not to depend only in one source. So a group of members must come together to do some brainstorming on the dos and don’ts, rules and regulations, share holders or maybe a silent partner and etcetera.

Being hospitalized for a month and now at work place makes I feel like an alien. I admire myself for being able to memorize all the passwords (5 different username and passwords) which are needed to log on and start your work here. I realized something which is most of my old colleagues is no more working here instead I see many new faces in the office and all around. These people are 10 years younger and more energetic than me. I once was at their shoes. I know how it feels when you got a job here and only chosen people got to work at this high tech plant. Well, deep I my heart, there’s nothing special about working here but things which made it special are those who are working with you… yes your friends!!! Sadly, I’ve missing majority of them due to several reasons like VSS, got a better job, government job. Mathew, Angela, Ida, Betty, Douglas, Angelina, Lucas to name a few.

It seems like yesterday they left because the memory is so strong in my mind. People say don’t live in the past or forget the pass, look at the future. Most of the time I admit that It’s easy to say than to be done. Buang yang keruh ambil yang jernih, those in my mind are milky water. All are keruh with its own story with different endings. I could not be selective because my friends are with many attitudes and behaviors. Good nor bad, they are my friends.

No comments: