Thursday, April 26, 2012

Here and there

Last February to early of March my wife and I went to the peninsular for a short holiday. I didn't expect too much from the trip but it ended with lots of memmories. I have my own mission which was to visit my old university in Minden Penang and in Tronoh Perak. The direct Airasia flight from Kuching to Penang was superb because i prepare everything thru the net starting from the place to seats till the food that we consumed in the plane, i ensure that both of us had enough and feel cosy and yes we did! Penang airport is still under renovation, but the design is very similar to KLIA nor KIA. 1st day in Penang, after checked in at the inn, I immediately brought my wife to visit USM main campus, the matriculation block, the clinic and some of the dewan kuliah there. It changed a little bit i guess. The guards are more strick, more new buildings too...Later we took the bus to KOMTAR and sight sseeing there...We went to Perangin Mall while waiting for cousin Jamie whom later brought us round Island. Unexpectedly we went to Penang Hard Rock cafe for dinner. I never been there and little that i know that we had hard rock cafe in Penang. The weather that night was very bad. HEavy rains and thinder caused massive jams due to some fallen trees by the road side. But Jamie was so preofessional in her driving that Michael Shumacer also might lose if they were to compete in litar sepang... oh, it was flooded too everywhere.. nothing new i guess. Thas't one of the 7 wonders in Penang. hehehee... Zen, the foods were sumptuos, up the brim, extravaganza and delicious.. I don't know whether Kuching have things like this or not... The live band from Philipine was so entertaining because not long after that, 3 of us were already dancing at the front stage... whooo haaaa.... The ferry ride I guess my wife was the happiest person in the world when we took a ferry to Seberang Prai. Like Penang, the ferry also did some makeover. 13 years back, the vehicles area are located at the base of the ferry while the top lever is occupied by passengers. Nowadays, the passangers is sharing some of its space to the vehicles. I think it's one of the way to improve throuhput i guess... but they should not overlooked saftey... The Prai bus station also looked different, the Parkson and the food stall are no longer there.. I wonder why... The 2 hours bus trip to Medan Gopeng was so fast. I slept the whole way because i know i need the energy to explore the next city where i spent 4 years of my lives in STAR and USM Tronoh. That evening, we were taken care by Ruth, my wife's cousin. With the rented car, I managed to see all plan places such us Tronoh, USM KCP, Taman Maju , TESCO, etc. Seri Iskandar really went under a great changed!! Lucky those students, last time we could only see civilization after an hour drive to Ipoh, but now it's a stone throw!! The Express Train Ride That Saturday morning, we planned to ride on train from Ipoh to Kuala Lumpur. It was a new experienced to me and my wife because besides commuter, LRT, MRT, STAR and city link, i never ride on a train. Frankly, i don't like it because my seats was facing to the opposite side of the train and it casued a headache becasue my brain need to adjust along the way to KL and added to that, the toilet odour was so strong because it was just outside of the train, attached to the next couch. Anyway, just called it "experience"! To be continue... TAG: KL, Met Sister Ivy and family, Tiara's Inn

No comments: