I firstly saw her somewhere in July or August 1997 in my brother’s apartment house near to UPM Serdang. I think at that time, she was just 4 months old, very furry, active and responsive. Every move that I made was monitored by her sexy blue green eyes and she never fails to give back by coming towards you and play around with you. When my brother moved back to Kuching, she followed him home. Though it was a 6 months quarantine at the JKS, we managed to wait with a passionnate heart. Or... did I?? I never like the name but I have to live with it since I have no VETO power. Given the name Pithui I think deep inside her, by right if she can speak, she would be the most to ask for a name change, emmmm, name such as Julia, Cameron Diaz…or Siti would be nice!! 6 long months had passed and it’s time for Pithui to come back with us. I could not remember whether we did some welcoming party or not but I did remember to carry Pithui around the house for 7 times (Animal superstitious) so that she would not run away from home and she would accept our home to be hers too…Until now…. Pithui never ran away… Pithui grew up to be a beautiful cat. She’s a mix of Persians and local but the Persian is more dominant. She controls the house area, the house garden and the car park area and not forgetting the kitchen. But that would make us as her family feel more happy and blessed! Few months later, my brother decides to spay her for her own good. But that also means good bye to Pithui’s generations. After she was spayed, she was more like a diva!!! She looks more arrogant, more bitchy and full with character. She prefered to be alone, sometimes she rested at the feet of my parents’ and most of the time she would be inside the master bed room all by herself She likes it that way than to be with the whole bunch of my nephew and my niece. I love Christmas and Gawai but Pithui loved it more. She’s the target of every eye. She’s the star of the days… She’s more like a Queen Latifah!!! Pithui started to have dilemma when Bobo (missing), Lessie, Oligo (deceased), Orange and Oligo de 2nd came into the family as the new registered Toda’s family members. She became more demanding and started to be secretive. She eats when she needs to and she sleeps when she needs to. Her time became unpredictable and her behavior was just like a drama queen! But only Pithui knows what she’s dealing with because during this time, she became introvert. Hugging Pithui is like u hugs a bag of cotton! She’s fluffy, soft hug and kisses. Pithui allowed her self to be touched from top to bottom, anytime and anywhere! I still remember during hot season, I used to put her in the fridge for a few seconds so that she will feel cool. Her fur was so thick even a lice can be separated with its mother if they are in Pithui’s fur!!!! One thing about Pithui, she had a very small voice. I don’t think I ever hear her scream gentle and full with empathy. She made friends with every animal available in the universe. Be it wild cats, birds, rats, lizards, mouse, dogs, mosquitoes etc, she treated them as equal as possible. Now she’s just like Mother Theresa. If you read the life of Late Diva Marilyn Monroe or Princess Diana, it was similar to what Pithui’s experienced. If I could turn back the time, where would I want to be? Yes, I want to be near to her when she was about to breath her last breath. I don’t want her to die alone. I want Pithui to know that for the passed 14 years, she was a great companion to our family. I want her to know that she was appreciated, welcomed and honored! And last but not least, I want to tell her that I never regret to call her Pithui Toda…
No comments:
Post a Comment