Thursday, December 13, 2012

1st time away from home Part 2

I love to fly at that time and I still remember during my long SPM holidays, my family and I went to KL for a week . Adding to the excitment and to our surprised, dad bought an AIRbus flight where we got to transit in Singapore before heading to KL. So same as my flight to Ipoh, I think this is the 1st time I tell people about my journey to IPOH....

That morning, our 1st destination was to Johore Bahru...Yes, from Kuching we flew to Johore. Transit 1 hour there, I got to see how Johore airport looked like, small, old and no aero bridge so we have to walk from the plane to the terminal to get some drinks. Then guess where next, Ipoh? No no no.. next we flew to KL and have to wait about 2 hours at Subang terminal 3 before we got the last connection flight to Ipoh. Finally We arrived at Ipoh around 5pm.

Ipoh airport is quite similar to JB, old fashioned, small and no aero bridge. Again we have to walk into the terminal. We took taxi to the hotel and believe me, the hotel was P. Ramlee movie liked hotel, similar to the one in TV lah.. hehe... Very old fashioned at that time. Near by the hotel, I can see the Grandys, a fast food like KFC and Sugar bun. I don't know about dad's feeling at that time but I got a good sleep that night due to the jet leg.

To be continued!

No comments: