Monday, December 17, 2012

1st time away from home Part 3

I never been to a boarding school and never dream to be in it.Sekolah Tuanku Abdul Rahman is an Ellite school and most of the students comes from some royal or a well known rich families. I was blessed to be in that boys school.

The next day we use the same taxi driver's service after the early arrangment before and he drove us the the STAR Ipoh. My first impression was... WOW!, what a beautiful school, and it is boarding school for Boys and the USM adopt the school for doing its Matriculations programme for Level 1, meaning i'm going to be there for 2 semesters or nearly a year before I go for Level 2 which is in USM Penang.

The 1st person we met was Ayahanda, ths school Principal. We got to enter his room and he did some interview but somehow I felt that I won't like him starting from that time. He was impolite to my dad. Maklumlah orang berpengaruh and berpendidikan tinggi... I was surprised to see dad was so timid and quiet at that time. He didn't talked or defenced me when disagreement happened. Maybe he knows when is the time to talked and when to listen especially infront of an academic person..Don't know lah.. Later we were greeted by a teacher and he brought us to see my dormitory.

It was a 15 minutes walked from the office and my 1st impression was, wow, so far, huge but a little bit messy... The 2 storeys buidling have 4 dorms and I got the room on the 1st floor dorm 3, the 1st lower bed near to the exit door and I got the middle cupboard. There is a 1.5 meters high divider in between all beds for us to put books and personal things. There were about 10 double deckers wehich means 20 beds or 20 students in 1 dorm. But actually only 16 including mine were occupied. The rest were empty. The bed above me also empty. So I have such a big space for myself I reckoned. Dad being dad complain to the teacher on how messy the place was and requested to add more fans for his “Anak”... hehheh...

Then finally the melodrama thingy happen. It's time to say goodbye to dad. I looked at him for the last time but I was still strong. I don't know whether dad cried or not,. It happened too fast and half minutes after dad disappeared from my sight, and the teacher in charge also left and I was alone in the dorm then suddenlty I sat down on my bed and I burst into tears.


It was 10am and a reccess time and there were few boys came back to the dorm. My eyes were still red and I felt alone. I never been into any of the boys school but I did watch how they live in tv. But then, out of nowhere;

Hi, my name is John ak Chukit. Welcome to STAR.

I looked up and I saw a fair handsome figure introducing himself to me. Starting from that day, I was not alone anymore and John an Iban lad became my close friend. I know God will provide me a good companion. God is so good, all the time... Amen.

No comments: