Monday, August 17, 2009

Nice But too little time

Today is my 1st day at work. I feel like to lay down on the floor. The pills which I took this morning were so strong. I think by next week, I’ll consume all those pills. Just a friendly reminder to myself; the next appointment would be on the 28th August, Friday, a day before my birthday. Hehehehe, Still remember what happen on that same day last year? OH, my life cycle looks so short, predictable and scary! Last night we had dinner at Sri Ijah, ya, it was ala ala the ‘western dish’. Grilled chicken with mesh potatoes with bread and salad. Oh there was sambal belacan also. Local salad bah.. hahaha, Wah, Pithui our cat looked so happy and excited. She walked here and there, scenery which is impossible if Bobo was still around. Pithui looks jegit that evening, but so adorable. She wished and allowed her selves to be touched and pampered by anyone and anytime. I too, took the advantage to cium cium and hug her. I miss my cat sooooooo much! (I miss you too Bobo,, sob! – I still wonder who would be so heartless and cruel to steal our Pekingese dog!!)
Oh ya, back to the dinner table, as I was asking my wife to passed me the sambal belacan, dad suddenly reminded me of my eating disorder. Actually I was quite shocked too, since when Dad started to care about what I eat and drink.. To compare myself and dad, I have the highest rate of being hospitalized. I still remember the frequency of dad being admitted into the hospital was so little. That means, Dad was right to voice up last night… Padan muka aku! Well, I took only one set of meal where my 6 years old niece, Megan took 2 rounds and she could still drink some coke… Amazing! How did she do it with that small stomach capacity? Me so the jelesss of her because I felt bloated already! Ok lah, I think Dad was right. I should watch (ßis that spelling correct? As in time watch?) What I eat and some regular exercise would help to strengthen my heart.
Last night before I sleep, I managed to chat in the chat box for a while. I asked Ayu (a friend from Melaka) about the Jelajah Era in Melaka. I’m surprised that my idol didn’t participated, only Datuk Siti did. So this morning I got the reply message from his mother saying that my little brother is on sick leave. The voice was badly affected and he could only do some photo shoot. I just pray and hope that everything would be all right soon.
This morning as i walked to the office some people with masked looked weirdly at me, especially at my right ear where I insert a cotton ball into it. I think they will question whether the H1N1 virus would spread not only thru air but can it spread thru hearing too. Hehehe!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Abet, your cat has such a cute name...Pithui. She must be gorgeous, too! Give her a hug for me. Yunno, I luv cats.Once, I picked up a cat ( it was a "HIM")somewhere at the roadside n brought him home. I called him "Fuzzy" cos of his beautiful thick yellowish fur.Took care of him for about 4 years and it was great how a strong bond grew between us made him so manja n adorable and made me loving him , too, as if he was a little baby. The unconditional love existed between us! Fuzzy was really handsome!( at least, to me ). He was very chubby, too. But very shy cos he would hide under the table or in the room whenever guests came to my house. He would stay there till guests left. Funny!

At one time, Fuzzy got lost (I just presume even till now) for about a week. Only then, I realised that my days went by filled with emptiness without Fuzzy around. It had turned me into some kinda 'restless hunter' searching him everywhere in my neighbourhood. Would you believe me if I said that I couldn't help sitting still upon hearing the 'meow' sounds of other cats? I would jump up n called out for Fuzzy! All the while, thinking of Fuzzy only!

As luck was on my side, one day Fuzzy came back. The most touching part was when Fuzzy meowed loudly n jumped on my lap! You could imagine what a great day it was! I was beaming from ear to ear. Words couldn't describe the happiness I had that day. And I was asking him, " Where hv u been??? You've turned my life upside down!!!" I thought he undertsood cos he purred so "manjaly".

Fuzzy isn't around anymore. He had gone forever due to sickness. The very sweet memory of having him in the house and how his playfulness had brightened up my days will always linger in my mind.

It's truly amazing how pets could make a difference in our life and make it more meaningful.

Now, I'm still taking care of 3 cats left by my neighour and another strayed one. I treat them equally cos they deserve it.

rambomadonna said...

I can't be near cats coz I am quite allergic to its fur. However, cats (and dogs) love me ... ask Emel. And me no matter how hard I try to avoid them, they love to gesel2 their body at me ... In penang, my dad own an obese cat yang selalu meow nite and day for food. And a dog yang sangat pemalu. He loves pets.

Abet said...

Bal: start a blog and write about those wondeful things... heeheh

Kazen: What?