Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A birthday, a reunion and a funeral

Last Saturday my wife and I attended Melcome’s daughter, Penelope Cloe’s 5th years old birthday. It was my first visit to Melcome an Alexia’s house since they’d moved back to Kuching from Penang. Melcome’s house’s is located around Stapok area and believe me, it’s like going around a round about without finding the way out of it. We we’re lost! Thank God we have cellphone nowadays otherwise we would have to search for a public phone and it will delay the party. Thru phone, Mel directed me until I found his big residency. Then its Simon and Lennisia’s turn then John’s. At that time, Aidan and Judy, Aaron and Regina were already arrived. I saw lots of children inside the house and Melcome’s mom was there too. David, Zamery and Alan arrived seconds later. Wah… this is not only a Birthday party but it is also our reunion from USM batched 1999-2000 I reckoned. Too bad Henry and yuhanna and Jusijo were not around. Otherwise it will complete the empty seats. J That evening, apart from the birthday party, I had time chatting with my long lost friends. I think it has been more than 10 years I have not meet John and David Andrew. They are doing so well I life and also in every factors. I can say each one of us already contribute to the society and though some of us have no children YET, it doesn’t mean that our live is boring, but we look it at different way and perspective. Some of us even don’t want children and some of us are not ready to become parents. So time factor is important here. The Friday night ended well around 11PM. everyone were so happy and of course exchanging numbers thru cellphones so that we can see the pictures taken thru phones. Facebook is not a strange word tho. Everyone has it.

----- Sunday Afternoon ---

I saw blood everywhere when I open the fron gate. Gosh what happened here? I immediately walked to the patio where I saw Kate was lying helplessly, the eyes have no response to the rays if light but I believe she still could here me talking to her. Kate’s tounge was half damaged due to her own action. Yes, she was spiritually and mentally dead but physically still alive. She doesn’t feel what ever she did to herself including bitting her own tounge until it bleeded so badly. Kate was no longer herself starting that afternoon. I saw my wife was struggling in everyway to help her. I myself was so allergic to see a massive ammount of blood wanted to faint at first, but I pray for strength to support my wife. I called my brother and with difficulties talking and crying, I murmered slowly to him; Word by word; “just put Kate to sleep because she’s in pain. “ That was the hardest decision I ever made in my whole life but that was the best for Kate. The vet came half and our later and he carried the serum to put Kate to sleep forever.

When the Vet arrived, my feelings became mixture. Should we just let Kate go or should we give her another chance… I whisper to my wife by looking at Kate’s condition, ther’s no way for for Kate to live without a propper tounge because she needs tounge during eating and drinking. Surprisingly my wife was with me. WE agreed to let her go though it was very difficult to us both. But we have no choice realy no choice… The Vet turns Kate facing the heart and inject her heart with the killing jap and within seconds, Kate did not move at all. The vet declared Kate died around 4.00pm local time.

The weather started to be gloomy and windy. My wife started to dig a hole just near to the place where Kate was born. I started to do the cleaning and burn the newspaper which was full with Kate’s blood. We were alone at that time. Even Dresden and Brussles didn’t bark as usual yet they were as quiet as the mouse. After everything was settled, the rain poured down like cats and dogs. The thunder strikes everywhere. We took the opportunty to rest and I fall a sleep.

Time flies so fast. IT was already 7pm. I sat at the dining table while my wife made a cup of coffee. The rain outside was subsiding but the condition inside the house was tensed. My eyes were red and wattery and out of a sudden, my wife came to me and hugged me so tight. We burst into tears. I was so released and I let everything drained out of me. Same went to my wife. We do really missed kate but God loves her more. We will missed her company during bed time, we will missed her tantrums during meal time and we will not see her waiting for us when we come back from work. She’s clever, intelligent, smart, palyful, adorable and she’s my third dog that I have besides Dresden and Brussels. We named her Kate, borned on the 8th or May 2011, name taken from Princess Catherine married to Prince William somewhere in April this year..

Rest in Peace Kate

8th May 2011 – 2nd October 2011

No comments: