Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Birthdays

I love birthdays. I don't remember the birthdays that i had when i was small but there were few pictures of me behind a large cake with 1 candle in on the middle of the cake. And behind me holding me aroud her arm was my beloved mom, she wore green dress and she had curly hair, she was as beautiful as today :) So i knew it was my 1st birthday and i was so cute... a baby who was so fergile and naive. I think that date must be on the 29th August 1977! Oh, ya, it was held at our home in Lanang Camp, Sibu. Yes, i was the most happy person that house :)
When i was young, we always celebrate birthdays regardless my parents have money or not. I sitll remember during one of my birthday, dad cook full kuali of mi goreng Indomi and that's it. But i was very very happy eventhough it was without candles and cake not knowing that they were saving money for more other important things like tomorrow's meal, school spenditure and bills...
Another birthday i remembered was when i was in my 1st year under graduate in Tronoh. My friend and i ride our motorbike and we park at the Mengelmbu polce station, took a taxt to Excelsior Hotel Ipoh and celebrate our birthday there accompany by the band from Philipines.... hahahah, it was a great moment because we celebrate our own birthday in a solo way.. ya it was lonely but memorable...in my 2nd year i think it was in 1998 where my junior celebrate it with me in the hostel. They had a surprised birthday party and bought me a cake and added to that, we watched vcd(no dvd at that time), Snake together.
I was able to celebate 23rd birthday at home, a month after my graduation. The Lagin's family came to join me because at that time, Ivy was still in Sabah, Late Bro Igat in Kapit, Dolina was with her family while Bro Anddy was still in UPM, so left my parents. But it was fun tho...
When we grow older, birthdays seem to be less and less calebrated. it depends many factors such as time, cash, individu and etc. To me it would be in money. SInce last year my own csh flow wasn't that encouraging. Just enough to support my own family. I promised myself that once i have enough, i will start to celebrate my birthdays like years ago. I will invite friends and i will have good food and drink served. I will not be sad anymore and the tears that is shed will become the tears of joy and laughter. I will celebrate my wife's birthdays, my parents birthdays and surprised them with nice presents. It's just the matter of time Davidson Toda, it may not be now, tomorrow or this year, but once the day come, just be ready!

Happy Birthday dear beloved wife Snah 02022014. May the Lord Bless you abundantly and guide you everywhere you go. I will love you forever.
Happy Birthday mom, 03022014. May God protects you and meet your needs. I will love you mom!

No comments: