Thursday, June 4, 2009

Church Wedding

I arrived at church minutes earlier in Simon's car. Yeah, there were crowds already taking my pictures together with the best man, my newphew. The weather was so hot. Thank God there are airconds in church. I could see my relatives, aunties and uncles were already there, smartly dressed in their very best. There were old men with orang ulu hat, the one with feathers on it while the ladies were wearing their own head gear made of rattan, i guess.



I saw some ladies in orang ulu attire and Henry in his 'sirat' and parang and shield. Oh ya, he's going to lead the wedding march later on. Everyone was waiting for Snah to arrive i reckoned. Me? I'm kewl!

Few minutes later the beautiful bride in her white arrived in the well decorated big black naza ria. Her father hold her hands tight while the flower girls and the ring bearers were already ready infront of them, waiting the music to be on and then to march in gently.


Me? I was infront near to the altar already. I saw mom, dad, doli, andy, ivy and igat and they were all seated behind me. I don't know how they feel at that time... Me? I'm kewl, hot and excited! The main photographer, Simon and Yon were already ready ever since while the video man, Luke, too was at position with his extra gears.


Seconds later, Rev Trevor gave his sign to Mastan, the audio man to on the music, and so the procession begin. The music, as i mentioned earlier was a beautiful song played by Jerry Kamit with his Sape and within the 3 minutes arrnagment, all the dancers included the brides were align with me near to the the altar. So the wedding service begin with an opening prayer, praise and worship, bible readings, sermons, wedding sermon and the holy communion and finally the signature of the marriage certificates. I think the service was about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Ohya, Rev did show some video clip in his sermon. The video clip was directed by Yasmin Ahmad. I think this is the 1st time a video clip is shown during wedding... hehehe.


Finally the marching out led by my wife and I. There were more photo sessions after that. We went to PJ to take more photos until late afternoon. Fatigue!!!
to be continued....

No comments: