Last week I brought my puppies, nephew and my niece for a picnic at Tang Bukap River. The overnight rain made the water quite deep and the rapid is I consider quite dangerous for children. I don’t know why i was so eager to go outing on that rainy morning where people tend to sleep on that cold Saturday morning but I didn’t. Actually I myself love the outside activity such as camping, jungle tracking, swimming and travelling. But I never like to drive on a straight lane road because it made me easily tired and sleepy.
After preparing everything, I drove my wife’s kembara to fetch my child fruit and my dad to baby sit them. I know they love water but since my puppies are going so I need more menpower to take care of some other thing. Through the journey Dresden and Bruxels slept underneath the sitting compartment. Maybe they were afraid or nerves but they were being so good puppies and they did not bark and made any tantrums like some children used to act.
We reached the river side an hour after we got the best spot. There were so many nice spot where you can have a level ground to set your picnic spot and also the fire and the choice is yours. As for us, we prioritized the safety and only then the fun of being by the river. My wife set up the fire while I bring my child fruits and puppies by the river. My dad just sat down on the mat to relax while reading the newspaper. Too bad, I forgot to bring the radio. Ok here are some basic needs if you want to go picnic.
Big Mattress, a radio with good transmission, Old newspaper, Pillows, mosquitoes’ coils, Foods and drinks, Few bottles of clean water-you may keep in the car to wash your feet later, Plastic bags for left-overs and rubbish, junk fruits and some sweets, slippers and enough clothing.
Enough of that, hehhehe… As you know that Dresden is a little bit a city puppy while Bruxels just came from kampong, believe it or not, Bruxels would survived if I put her alone in the jungle for a few days but only God know what will happen to my Dresden who doesn’t know how to go down the slippery hills, how to swim along the shallow river and how to sustain the nasty cold. Bruxels, no Problem. She went down the hills in seconds of time and she swam like an Olympic swimmer and the cold is aher friend! But my love to them is equals. They are from different breed and from different parents but they are so close to each other. I could remember the 1st time they met, since Dresden is our 1st puppy, he has all the authority to do things that he wants.
---------------------LUNCH----------------
Wow, the rain has not stop since yesterday. Hmm there’s a possibility flood will hit us again. I have to stop here for a while. I’m too full.
Inclination
8 years ago

1 comment:
Should add in pictures of the puppies and picnic site in this entry Kazen. You know, kampung semadang has few nice river beaches that is great for picnic. When I was younger, I used to walk upstream to my grandpa's land and from there row a boat down to semadang "jetty". Wat an exprience.
Now water not so clear because of the Borneo Highland project!
Post a Comment