Sunday, April 4, 2010

Board of Directors

My dream last night was quite funny. I had a ticket, don’t know who bought It, and the destination is from Kuching to London using MAS. I faced difficulties to get to the airport, what else to board the plane it self. I suddenly was in a ship it was surfing along South China Sea. I asked the captain where I should catch the plane. You will catch the plane in Perlis. OMG!, Do they have airport in Perlis, I questioned myself. The journey continues until I heard Madonna sang ‘Take a Bow’. She had a sweet voice until I realized it’s already 20 minutes after the alarm rang and I’m going to be late for work!
Last week was Good Friday, we didn’t go anywhere instead just stay at home and watched ASTRO channel. In the afternoon we went outing to Matang and the Telaga Air. Believe it or not we have a kampong Bodoh nearby Kuching???


It was my 1st trip to Telaga Air though and I never thought it would be so beautiful. I never realized that not far from the Red River where we swam, go further into the unknown roads, one can see a gulf. Believe it or not, there is a newly build esplanade along the sea side and there’s a marina too to accommodate the sail boats here. Kuching or Borneo Island is so blessed with many things. I love the environment, the mountains, the hills, the seas and the rivers for they all are so beautiful!
Early Saturday morning before Easter day, we drove down to Baru Kawa area for breakfast and later on, I went to my brother’s clinic for the Board of the Directors’ meeting! The Iron ladies were absent due to several reasons. It was raining like cats and dogs. The meeting adjourned an hour later and I drove to Tabuan Jaya for my quarterly hair do. I like my new hair styles and I received many compliments from the ladies at church… hahahhaha… feels so young lah…But the short hair showed my weak point, which is the white hair. In the afternoon, what else, the Akademi Fantasia 8.
AF8 that night was so boring. It was not like before where all the charms of the academy have gone! I don’t have any more reason why I should watched AF8 and it should not be that way since it is under KRU team. Where are all the superb gimmicks, the KRU magic touch and the extraordinary of the AF8 now? If I’d given a choice to choose either to watch AF8 or Tom2 Bak, Hmm, you should know what channel I watched! Both the participants from Sarawak, Daus and Farina have no x-factor. How to wins the jury’s heart if like this? I do hope they’ll find and show it by next week before they both get eliminate! All they have to do is buka mulut, forward your voice clearly, maintain good pitching, dance if you need to and use the stage wisely. That’s it! We don’t ask for more than that! Enough said!
My project will start by this week. As one of the board of directors, I feel so good and excited. The project will be solely be handled by my brother and me. The paper work has been done and it’s just the matter of erecting things and raring the living things and the business would flow! Now, should I resign from what I’m doing now? Emmmmm perhaps, in 5 years of time… Let the project grow and succeed first and then the Board of Directors (BOD) will have a round table to decide. Actually I’m glad that the project is done on my own land at Penrissen. Being an alien in your own country is not to be favored. Living in the city and no home in my own kampong make us feel so unknown to the villagers. Of course they know who Michael Toda is and Elizabeth Ijah is but I’m sure they are not aware or not even to bother to know who their children and what do they do? I want each of my brothers and sisters to be recognized in our own kampong Penrissen, Bunuk and Giam area. I want them to know that we are exists!
I just call mom, telling her that I want to have lunch with them this coming Thursday. It has been a while I didn’t bring them out for lunch. I still remember when I was working on shift; we would go to the Li Garden Restaurant at HLC and enjoy ourselves eating duck there. Then my brother Andy and my sister Doli and her husband would join us later. That was one of the happiest moment in my life, to see mom and dad smile and everyone is enjoying themselves even though we are busy with works and how much we hate our work which include our mean supervisor, but when we are gather in the family, the bond heals the pain and it mends the hard load.
As i mentioned earlier,did I?, it's just the matter of time. I know that everything would be alright evantually. Trust, believe and it will happen. That's why we have God. That's why we depends on His spirit because we admit that we are weak but in Him, we found our inner strength.

No comments: