Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Computer and I

It’s week 42 and work is work. I think the wafer industry is slowly catching up with the current economic situation. I know the economic situation is improving but it is improving very slowly. Oh, suddenly I missed burger king’s burger! I hope my cousin Jamie would read this and with her generosity, she will come back next time, 'tapauing' burger king burger for me. Hehehhehe…. I wonder whether KLIA have burger king or not, maybe I just fly take a day flight and have lunch there then take an evening flight back to Kuching, and mot forgetting to 'tapauing' somemore for my stock in Kuching. Mc D do sells burger but it’s not as nice and superb like how the burger king do it, hey, look at the name it self ok. It is a Burger King, King of al the burgers!!! Amen!
This week is quite slow to me personally. My project is delay for 4 days due to I’m resource less! Thank to my supervisor whom understand my situations. Well, it doesn’t mean that I’m free to do other things, so I told him that I’d learn some computer programming. Wow, I’m an equipment engineer by profession now is learning programming pulak, jaga kitak orang hehehehe… When I was in 1st year, I do learnt C++ programming and to me, in early 90s, computer is so very new. When I was in matriculation in 1994, we use an electronic typewriter and by owning it, one is so proud enough already. I firstly saw a computer in 1990, when I was in form 2, at school. At that time, computer is like gold or diamond, rare and unaffordable. So one day, I told my mom that I wanted to join the computer club at school and I need money to pay for the computer fee. Believe it or not, I have the money but when I inform the teacher in charge, she said that the class is full! Just imagine how I felt at that time, sad and angry.
When I attend my 1st year matriculation in 1994, I enrolled for the computer class for the 1st time, and yes, i'm not surprised that the computer room was quite pack. I think one computer is shared among 3 students. Actually the reason why I enrolled was to skip my night prep class because the computer lesson was handled at night time by an outsider in our boarding school. Besides that, I want to know what more a computer can do. Well, my 1st impression, it is like a box, a white heavy box with a 14’’ screen, a CPU and a mouse. There were wires all around and there was a long cable connected to one machine which is shared among all and they call it a printer. I was introduced to what they call a diskette. The 1.44Mb at that time was very new compare to the few kilobytes floppy disc.
I learnt DOS with some simple program. It was so scary moment when for the 1st time I touched the keyboard. I afraid everything would go hair-wired and finally it blows up in fire and we all got electrocuted. So i imagined so many things so that I’d be more careful and more responsible for it. But too bad, the class was too short and the 2 semesters were over just like that and I couldn’t remember anything and moreover i lost my notes! When i was in my 2nd year of matriculation we have some final year project to do and it must be typed and printed out. OMG! Only God knows how I feel. I'm still computer blind! At that time, Windows 95 was introduced but I was still phobia on touching the computer but I have no choice. Thank God I have a good Sabahan’s senior whom helped me to compile everything and finally to complete my report in 1 piece. All I have to do is to type the report in his computer and later he will do the editing and the printing. Gosh, I forgot his name. Thank you to you who ever you are. Sorry lah I lupa nama u…. hehehe Wah,,,, ber I, I and u u, last time abang senior…
I had my 1st computer in 2nd semester of my 1st year in 1997 and it cost RM3500. I still remember the time when my senior Alan Michael when to Ipoh to buy that computer. Alan was a great senior and he is still now. He knows what I want and he would handle everything for me at that time. When they sent the computer to my room, I think I was the 1st student whom had a computer with TV program installed. It came with a remote control and tv antenna too… I had an EPSON printer too. So every Saturday evening, my juniors would go to my room and watch the X-files and I was a kind of tradition since matriculations where everyone would go to the TV room to watch x-files…. I think only that sitcom managed to make the tv room full!
Nowadays, computer is getting cheap and cheaper. Everyone can own it and every house must at least have one computer. This week I learnt HTML, CSS, Javascript, ASP and PHP programs and believe me, they are so useful. Maybe I should have a 2nd Degree in Computer Science and major in software programming and make myself multi-tasking. Why not? Hehehehe!

=>Now i'm using a personal lap top for blogging and e-mail and FB. What about you?

2 comments:

rambomadonna said...

Yes Kazen ... I am reading and I will be back on 6 Nov. Macam tauk2 jak aku mauk balit hehehe...You know, so sad no burger king in kuching. Even KK pun ada burger king.

Funny lah your entry this time. Wah hebat sekali oredi learn PHP, HTML, CSS ... me yang Degree in Computer Science pun dah barely touch any programming language (sigh).

Abet said...

Oh, you coming back?? Ok, surpirse me again when you arrive, i buat2 lupa.. hehehe
another oh.. you took conmputer science? GREAT! Can teach me ma..