Monday, September 28, 2009

Family BBQ

Last night I really had great time with family at my new home in Riveria. Yes, we had BBQ of pork and chicken. So yummy!! Actually my plan was to have a Kolo Mi breakfast with friends at Satok, but I cancelled it since mom wanted to go to the market to buy the pork head. Usually we will have BBQ at my parent’s house due to the big compound and a cozy area but seems I need to make my own open house next time, so I have to do it at my own place so that I will know what is lacking and what is not. It was a good survey anyway.
Thank God it was raining earlier and stopped 3hours before the BBQ started. It made the atmosphere a little bit cold not hot, windy and what else could I say…”Perfect!”. I was playing the badminton with my nephew Ezra while my wife started the fire with the firewood. Later on she took out all the marinated meats from the fridge and put it by the fire, ready to be BBQ. Around 7PM, parents came with my sister Doli and Masun and Megan. Dad start to Q the meat with the helped of my brother in-law , Masun. My sister Doli and my wife prepared the cordial sarsi and some jack fruits while I sat with my mom at the patio. Half and hour later, both of my brothers arrived while my sister Ivy and her family arrived from church 15 minutes after that. Around 8.pm the eating session begin with a word of prayer by dad.
We had invited 2 families with us, Jacqeline and Aunty Dorothy’s family for the BBQ and that makes 21 heads in the house. Too bad, no wine served… hehehhe. It was a lovely Saturday, Thank God again. Though my house is far too small compare to Dad’s mansion, at least everyone got to sit down and managed to fellowship with each other. That’s more important. Thank you to my lovely wife whom helped me to make it happen. We could have another bigger party after this.


No comments: