Yesterday I received a sms from a close friend. At that time I was having tea time with my colleague at the café. Usually at work place, we speak either English or Melayu Sarawak and never in my life have we spoken a real Bahasa Melayu unless we want to make jokes out of it. The sms which I received was quite blur or was I blur at that time? Try to read this using the Kelantan slang..
Daniel: Man taye.. muko man ke Bro?
Me: Sapa Mr Man ia? Apasal nya Tanya muka aku?
My friend really took his time in replying my sms back. Meanwhile, I ask my Malay friend to read the same sms incase she understand what the sms was all about but to my disappointment she was also had no idea. Minutes later, I received another sms from the same friend explaining to me on the previous sms. I laugh abd laugh like no one is around. My colleagues were looking at me wondering what had strike me. So I told them what was the sms trying to say and then eventually everyone was joining me in the laughing session…
Daniel: Aya…. It’s in Bidayuh lah.. I’m telling you that I’m eating first (Man taye) and then I asked you have you eaten? (Bidayuh - Muko man)
Hmmmm,,,, I guess I still fail my own mother tounge language….
Inclination
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment