I took another leave last Monday. I planned to pay my house tax, go and visit mom at Tabuan Jaya and do some gardening in the afternoon. But that morning I was so weak. Having flu is the least I want in this whole world. To me, having flu is like forever. I don’t know when I will heal from flu. I still remember in 1991, when I was in F3, I was having a very bad flu where it ended in 2 months time. So my mom gave me money to buy a box of tissue paper due to this watery nose… I though I have nose cancer. But than God, it was not! On the 2nd thought, maybe I should double confirm with the docs, right?
So that morning, I just lay down on the sofa in the living room, while my wife was already at work. I was trying to reschedule my plan and add swimming into the plan, since I’m going to the Kota Samarahan division. They have a nice public pool there. Around 11 I received a phone call from Aunty Haliza, whom I call mama.
Mama: Abet, where were you yesterday? How come you went home never say good bye?
Me: Oh, mama, sorry for that. Thank you so much for the lunch.
Mama: The house is getting crowded, abet.
Me: Never mind. Let they rest have the chance to meet my brother.
The rest of the conversation remains confidential.
Around 2.30pm, I drove to Kota Samarahan district office to pay my house tax. The office closes at 3.00pm so I must drive faster since the road was not smooth and zig zagging. I arrived there around 2.55pm, 5 minutes before the counter close. As I surrender the money to the assistant suddenly there was a power tripped. Yarabiiii… Don’t tell me you don’t have a power system back up, I whispered deep inside my heart. Mostly, in government sector, they want to computerized every data that they have. But if there’s power trip, data won’t get thru so any transaction or business happens before the power trip and unsettled, it would be on hold. That’s what I’m afraid of because I don’t want to drive here again. It’s a 30 minutes drive you know. The Fuel again!! But Thank God, around 2.55pm, the power trip was recovered.
Shocking news that I got was the death of Yasmin Ahmad. OMG, she’s the best film maker as far as I’m concerned! Even during my wedding the Padre played her video clip entitled Funeral. I will be happy to show the same link about the VC here again, today….
Inclination
8 years ago

2 comments:
Boleh I cried even though I have watched it before ...
Can i join you cry too?
Post a Comment