Sunday, July 5, 2009

One after Another

For the 1st time I didn’t get a good sleep last night. It was raining heavily and the neighboring dogs were barking like they are seeing something which is not right. I heard so many strange noises which made me got up from my warm cozy bed towards the kitchen where I look thru the grilles window into the dark forest and then to the back side of my neighbor's house. I found nothing! I saw nothing. The feeling of being more alert started just last week, Thursday morning, when mom called telling me that the house was nearly robbed on Wednesday midnight. To cut the story short, I brought my wife to sleep there on Friday night, knowing that mom was scared though she didn't show it. But I know mom so well.
That scary night, only mom, dad and Megan were at home. Andy was in Bali with my sister and her husband while Igat was on his way back home from outing.
Suddenly, at midnight, mom heard somebody outside the kitchen door making a screechy noise. Our Pekingese Bobo barked like he never barked before. Well, I think our cat Pithui can miawing louder than bobo. Bobo is a cute, short yet ugly dog.It will never catch thieves or anything in this world, even a mouse. So we couldn't depend more on Bobo unless we want to join any beauty dog contest lah. Mom thought it was my brother Igat, shirtless and just came back from work. When mom called his name, that shirtless man immediately jump off the fence towards my empty neighbor's house and disappear in the dark night. At that time, Igat just got home with his bike and mom told him everything. Dad took a piece of hard wood and kept it near the door as a protection tool. I wonder how Megan and mom felt that night.
My wife and I arrived there after work on Friday evening. My sister Ivy called earlier telling me that she had been robbed within the school compound. What???? I was so shocked. Why these need to happen one case after another, within 1 week? Not up to 24 hours?? She claimed that she lose her Identity card, driving license, money, credit cards, bank card, keys to my sister Dolina's house (She and her husband in Bali with Andy and Stella).Everything was reported at the police station already. Hmmm, lesson learnt, never put your handbag outside your view.
Yeah, the house was really quiet. Sometimes I felt regret to move out so early to my own house, knowing that your parents still want you to stay longer with them. But me being arrogant and heartless me.. No lah, I did so that I'll be more independent. I saw the door netting was torn with a sharp object. There were obvious finger prints outside the kitchen wall too. Scary... I wonder why dad didn't make any police report since all the evidences are still there. So that night, when everyone was sleeping, I took charge and became the sentry until 1am. I woke up again around 4.30am, couldn't sleep, though it was my own old room, so I took the advantage to chat and browse internet at the kitchen side. I know that mom could sleep tight that night. That wet Saturday morning, I just stay at home and watch the repeat of Menuju Puncak and the track celebrity of my beloved idol, Hafiz. My bro and sister came back from Bali that night so I decided to sleep back at my own home in Riveria.

No comments: