Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mixture of Issues

I don’t have any idea what to write currently but I know that my mind love to works under pressure and it’s compiling something at this moment while I’m doing the typing. This morning I received a sms from kaban telling me that their company is lay-off few staffs already. Actually it is not my favor to jot it down in my blog but I obviously could not run away from this issue. Tonight our Minister of finance just announced the injection of RM60 Billions to support every states in the country in terms of the economic growth. It is a big amount but I do not know whether it helps to boost the growth or not because I’ve heard and read on TV and newspaper that US and the European country had injected hundred billion of dollars, earlier but there’s no signs of growth instead as if nothing happen and still there are people who are losing their jobs! I got pissed when some people asked me whether the company where I work got hit by this global issue or not. Are you dumb? Besides government sector, tell me which sector was not affected? Enough said. It’s going no where. Even the civilians are very cautious with their spending. As for me, my fiancé and I have been actively planting vages and fruits at the new house. For a starter, we have planted some daun cangkok, serai, empasak and a pokok of limau kasturi. Not for sale, but they are for our consumption only, in case there would be a recession.

Teaching Science and Mathematics subject in English is another issue here in Malaysia. Some people especially the grown ups do not want their children to study Science and Math in English. They surrendered a memorandum to the HRH the King last week. The PM who is the minister of defense only voice up in the last minute, requesting a fast decision on this matter but the minister of education wants the decision to be made slowly and wisely. Hmmmm… looks like this would become a never ending story to the students and this definitely would not affect us, but our pity children, the guinea pig! We have celebrated Independents over decades but I could not believe that our educations have not at its top conditions? I believe our syllabus is already comprehensive and comparable to the British standards. No syllabus is perfect to produce the genius and high IQ pupils but at least it is the guideline towards a higher education status. We already have professionals everywhere and that’s the living proof that the educations system is dependable. There are more important things compare to this unnecessary issue. Bully, problematic students, overage student whom is still weak in ABC and counting. Why don’t they spend their time to think about how to stop or at least minimized this ‘local’ universal issue? I want to take this golden opportunity to declare that the teachers may and can punish by canning or by any reasonable punishment to the naughty ones without being judge back by the parents.

Akademi Fantasia season 7 is on the air. There are 14 of them and 3 are Sarawakian. I have no favourite yet. Wait until the numbers of students drop to maybe 8 or 7 only then i cast my vote to the most eligible one. Currently there are a lot of playful and not serious ones and i hope they are voted out ASAP. My advise to the participants, no rediculous drama of tears dropping please unless sombody is dead amongst your family members. Please never say NO when English or difficult song is given to you, especially the song which you select your self earlier! I expect you to do your very best and flawless! Good pitching, right tempo, nice projection and perfect tones! When you cannot sing in the original key, please request to transpose to a half lower or a half higher key. No complaints from you after that unless you become sick then coma due to your own fault!

Tomorrow night I’m meeting an old ex-classmate who works in Dubai. He’s coming back for a short holiday. I don’t know where to bring him for makan2… C 1st lah.. Got to sleep now...

No comments: