I have this problem where when I am so excited for an incoming event, on that day, I am no more excited about it. It always happens to me. For an example when I found out that I got the chance to travel to Europe fully sponsored, 2 months before the trip, I was the happiest person in the family. But when the trip was just around the corner, I tend to slower down a bit and finally, it became dull. No more excitement, as if I live in London pulak! Another fine example was when we were waiting for our new house finish being renovated, I was so excited and every night we talk and plan about the house decorations, but when the day we moved in; I lost the energy because I was so tired of being excited.
I don’t know whether there are a scientific explanations or medical term to describe this or is it a kind of sickness that can be cure. So since my wedding is coming in 2 months time, I need to control myself of being over excited. I learn from Physical chemistry that the excited electron would jump to a higher band if the energy released is there but it will go down to a lower band when there’s energy lose! In the morning of my wedding day, I want to be excited, look handsome and charming to my fiancĂ©, I don’t want to quarrel with anyone, I don’t want to hate people, I want to be myself and not Brad Pitt, I will eat with my fingers if I want to, I want my brothers and sisters to be very happy, I don’t want to be pushed to do something which makes me look stupid even for few minutes and this list is applied to my fiancĂ© too. Sounds selfish? Why not! It’s only a one whole day request lists! Obviously I don’t want to be like unexcited electron…
I just came back from tHe Spring after having a dinner with Kenny, my ex-classmate from primary school. I picked him up from the hotel around 7.30pm. I must thank the Face Book because we got re-connected from there. People changed when they aged. Same goes to my buddy. He is getting bald and chubby. Thank God I still have a set of thick hair. But I’m chubby lah. So since the dinner was on him, I quickly think of all the sumptuous foods which are available in Kuching. I want to eat like a king(kong) tonight, I whispered deep in my heart. Pusing punya pusing… gawd! Is there any clean food outlet in Kuching? Every shops seemed to be closed after 8:30pm. Or, maybe it’s due to the rain that made the shop owner to close down early? Finally we ended up at the Manhattan Fish Market Restaurant. The dish were a lot and I was to full to finish the sea foods. I wish I could ‘tapau’ but I need to maintain my manner tough I ate like a pig. It was all with my fingersJ.
Then we continue our memory lane session at the Starbuck for a cup of expensive and aromatic coffee. I had one hot thick Americano Coffee while Kenny had a cold ice tea. ‘’Any cheese cake for you, David?’’ Kenny asked me before he paid for our drinks. I could not believe what I answered and I was thinking about that rusty answer for the whole night until now. I answered a humbly shyly grossly timidly ‘’No’’! Padan muka aku. When people asked you to learn on how to say ‘No’, it does not apply on good foods or any good stuff. When some one offer you something nice and cool, just keep nod your head a bit, stay quiet and smile and accept what ever is offered! You will not regret but it would make your day! Lesson learnt!
We chat and chat and he asked me another golden question. ‘’So is your house furnished? Well, I did read your blog and obviously I want to give you a gift for your wedding’’ This time, I took my time to think of my answer. I don’t want to go home once bitten twice shy, twice bitten afraid to try…Entah pa pa punyer pantun. It was a happy night for us after 20 years never see nor contact each other. Well, there was no internet or hand phone during my time so communication is so depending on letters. If ones’ moving to a new place, it’s difficult to keep them tracked unless they send you another mail with their new address.
I’m happy to hear that he is successful in his work though he earns a lot more than me. We managed to call Melcome that night, another friend of ours. Melcome is coming back from Penang for good, soon. In fact I’m meeting him next week. So go and create Friendsters or Face Book. You might meet your old good friends. Who knows, maybe you are as blessed as I am because I’m getting a free 37 inch Sony LCD screen TV soon J

No comments:
Post a Comment